History

1928

The first Departments of Urban Planning were established in Saint Petersburg and Moscow.

1941-1946

The Department was closed.

1946

The Department was restored as the Department of Urban Planning and Redevelopment.

1950-s

The Department took part in the development of Leningrad Resettlement system and satellite towns system.

1990-s

In addition to urban planning projects senior students developed architectural projects. Modern computer technologies were introduced at the department to do course projects. Foreign colleagues started participate in the work of the state examination committees.

2000-s

The department was renamed to the Department of Urban Planning and Design of Urban Space. Since then Free Territories Urban Planning, Urban Reconstruction and Landscape Design were supplemented with Urban Space Design including its detailed development.

At the end of the 2000s education system was changed to two-level education system “Bachelor-Master”. The department started developing new curriculum; Bachelor degree education programmes lasted 5 years and Master degree education programmes lasted for 2 years.

2010-s

The department got the name of the Department of Urban Planning. It has almost completed the shift to two-level education system. The first Master graduates left the University in 2013.

Faculties

  • Faculty of environmental engineering and municipal services
    Faculty of environmental engineering and municipal services
  • Faculty of automobile and road-building
    Faculty of automobile and road-building
  • Faculty of economics and management
    Faculty of economics and management
  • Faculty of architecture
    Faculty of architecture
  • Faculty of civil engineering
    Faculty of civil engineering
  • Faculty of forensic investigation and law in construction and transport
    Faculty of forensic investigation and law in construction and transport
Contact us:
Name:
e-mail:
Message:
Enter captcha: Refresh image

Refresh image