History

1929

The department was established; it specialized in teaching Civil, Agricultural and Industrial Architecture, architectural orders, architectural and constructive design.

1931

The department goals were limited to constructive development of academic projects and corresponding lectures for students of all specialties. It also included a civil engineering laboratory and an office of architecture.

1945-1955

The academic staff wrote lectures in “Industrial Architecture”, “Basics of Construction Engineering”, “Design Theory” and researched into engineering of large shopping centres in civic buildings, analysis of living quarters design, analysis of ceramic and metal shingle roofs.

1969

The department mastered basics of new learning methodology for Engineering students process which focused on development of creative thinking, spatial awareness and nonstandard solutions and took into account interaction between architectural and engineering characteristics of civil and industrial constructions.

1979-1994

Scientific research activated at the department due to the needs of Leningrad (Saint-Petesrburg); the department established a new specialty “Conservation Engineer”.

1994-2012

The department established a new specialty “Architectural Heritage Reconstruction and Restoration”. Role of postgraduate studies increased.

Faculties

  • Faculty of environmental engineering and municipal services
    Faculty of environmental engineering and municipal services
  • Faculty of automobile and road-building
    Faculty of automobile and road-building
  • Faculty of economics and management
    Faculty of economics and management
  • Faculty of architecture
    Faculty of architecture
  • Faculty of civil engineering
    Faculty of civil engineering
  • Faculty of forensic investigation and law in construction and transport
    Faculty of forensic investigation and law in construction and transport
Contact us:
Name:
e-mail:
Message:
Enter captcha: Refresh image

Refresh image