History

1832

Classes of foreign language started in the School of Civil Engineers. French, German and English were taught by European lecturers.

1887

Course of Technical Translation was introduced to engineers and architects. Students did the tests on Technical Translation till 1915. Third and fourth year students studied Theory of Foreign Language as extracurricular course.

1943

The Department of Foreign Languages was established.

1944-1945

The department published French grammar textbook, German technical glossary and an English textbook which was recommended as the basic textbook for all technical high schools.

Later the department staff published Russian-German construction dictionary, textbooks and methodological guides.

1988-2012

The department published German part of “Architectural Dictionary”, “Pipe Fitting Dictionary” (in four languages), books “Reinforcement of Structural Components in Reconstruction” and “Language Associations”.

1999

German linguistic center under the supervision of the Department of Foreign Languages was opened in SPbGASU.

Faculties

  • Faculty of environmental engineering and municipal services
    Faculty of environmental engineering and municipal services
  • Faculty of automobile and road-building
    Faculty of automobile and road-building
  • Faculty of economics and management
    Faculty of economics and management
  • Faculty of architecture
    Faculty of architecture
  • Faculty of civil engineering
    Faculty of civil engineering
  • Faculty of forensic investigation and law in construction and transport
    Faculty of forensic investigation and law in construction and transport
Contact us:
Name:
e-mail:
Message:
Enter captcha: Refresh image

Refresh image