History

1832

The educational course on the art of civil engineering was taught at the College of Civil Engineers right from the very establishment of the institution.

1896

The Department of Engineering was established within the frame of the Institute of Civil Engineers.

1901

A dedicated Department of Construction Operation was founded.

1930

The Department of Civil Engineering Organization and Mechanization was established at the Institute. Its first head was Professor V.V. Arnold. His scientific works Excavators (1933) and Engineering Design of Power-Driven Processes (1939) were the foremost students’ books and played an essential role in training of specialists.

1939

The department got the name of the Department of Construction Production. The students studied such disciplines as Engineering Machines, Technology and Organization of Construction, Occupational Safety and Prevention of Accidents, Engineering Economics and Installation of Engineering Constructions.

1950s – 1960s

A group of department’s specialists published the Technology of Engineering Production textbook which was later on used by many civil engineering institutions. The book comprised the most detailed for the time information on the technologies, mechanization and organization of construction processes. The department staff was directly involved in the establishment of Leningrad integrated house-building factories (DSKs). The new technology and organization of the construction on the DSKs basis became the pivotal point in the industrialization of residential construction development. Under direction of the department’s head N.A. Smirnov, technological power-driven equipment was designed and put in operation at all DSKs. This was a great achievement which contributed a lot in the acceleration of residential construction in Leningrad and all over the country.

In the same years, professor of the department M.G. Davidson came up with a new technology of using waterproofed concrete in the construction and efficient technologies for the implementation of concrete, masonry, and plaster works in winter seasons. The department closely collaborated with practitioners, LISI graduates, and thus the department, provided for fast realization of new technologies in actual construction development.

1970s

Differentiation processes, inevitable in any development of production and research activities and narrowing specializations of once complex disciplines brought in 1976 to the split of the department into two separate ones: the Department of Construction Technology and the Department of Construction Organization, Planning, and Management and Labor Safety. In 1977, Professor V.A. Afanasiev became its new head. He expanded the tasks of the department: it started to train engineer teachers, and a new discipline of Automation of Construction was included in the curriculum.

2010s

In 2015, the Department of Construction Technology and the Department of Construction Organization, Planning and Management were merged into the Department of Construction Production.

In September 2017, the Department of Construction Technology got its present name.

Faculties

  • Faculty of environmental engineering and municipal services
    Faculty of environmental engineering and municipal services
  • Faculty of automobile and road-building
    Faculty of automobile and road-building
  • Faculty of economics and management
    Faculty of economics and management
  • Faculty of architecture
    Faculty of architecture
  • Faculty of civil engineering
    Faculty of civil engineering
  • Faculty of forensic investigation and law in construction and transport
    Faculty of forensic investigation and law in construction and transport
Contact us:
Name:
e-mail:
Message:
Enter captcha: Refresh image

Refresh image